Close this search box.

Need support with a medical or admin request? Get in touch online.

Housing Applications

Who do I see?

Complete a self-assessment form


The process of applying for local authority housing has moved exclusively online.  They will no longer accept paper applications.
You do not need a doctor’s letter. You need to complete a self-assessment form which is only available online or directly from the council. A letter from your doctor will not help the process.

If the council are unable to process your application and need further medical information, they will request your written consent and write directly to your doctor in confidence to provide the required medical information.

Further information and help is available from Shelter England.